Saturday, April 28, 2012

Toddlers - Heralthy, Active, and FIT



For the last few months I have been on bed rest because of some complications with my pregnancy. It’s been both stressful and tiring to do anything. When you add pregnancy with a -0- activity level, then you get physical drainage like you wouldn’t believe!

I have always been a person who could clean my entire house and STILL have energy to do SOMETHING so the last few months have been crazy. Keeping a clean house, dressed children, and pampered puppies was my thing. I was home all day, what else was there for me to do?
After I was put on bed rest, that all changed..
I mean really, how is it possible for you keep up with things, prepare for another baby, and deal with two toddlers at the same time all while on bedrest?! I was in a mental funk that I couldn’t shake. I didn’t think it was possible without someone constantly being there to help me and I wasn’t getting that help or support from, well, anyone. My husband helped when he could, but with his work schedule, it was hard for him. My brother lives too far away to help and my parents moved away this past summer, so getting help from family wasn’t happening… I was getting pretty stressed out.

Needless to say, I REALLY had to make some changes in my life and schedule in order to keep up and cope with things.
One major thing, I had to figure out how I was going to MENTALLY handle everything. I had to wrap my head around the fact, that cleaning wasnt going to get done the way, or the times that I personally think they should be done. For people who really know me... me lifting our F-150 would be easier! I was only allowed to do the bare minimum! Once I got my head in the game, I was able to limit myself on how much I would do in a day... I'd break the rules on occasion, but for the most part, I was pretty good at keeping myself sitting and resting.
The next big thing, I had to find a way to eat healthy, while not spending a lot of time cooking. The kids are really easy! Making them some of the Gerber meals is nothing more then putting it in the microwave for a minute or making some Mac-n-Cheese with mixed veggies inside... but that isnt enough for me. I ended up talking to my Doctor about Shakeology and soon after broke  down and bought some Shakeology (Chocolate) to help me and my husband. Not only is it filling but it is super healthy and all the ingrediants are from plants, vegetables, and fruits.
This ended up giving me the nutrition I was needing but it also helped with my low energy level. I was able to deal with the active lifestyle my children had and still keep myself from over-doing it. I was able to do some cleaning and not raise my heartrate above the 110 bpm that my doctor set for me.
One last thing that I did to help, I went to bed shortly after putting my kids to bed. 9:30p rolls around and it's time for baths and bed. Though sometimes I dont fall asleep until midnight, just laying there and reading a book is enough to start relaxing my body and mind which is MUCH needed after a whole day of chasing a 3yo and a 1yo. During their nap times, I also sit and relax. I either read or watch something on Netflix.

All in all, I have had to learn to RELAX some. There are things that I just cant always control. It isnt easy for me, as I am a control freak, but it is needed and helpful for me when I give up on a few things in order to make my pregnancy healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment