Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby Steps

DAY 1 - SHINE YOUR SINK!

I have to say, the group that I have put together on Facebook for this FlyLady Challenge has been overwhelmingly motivating!! In just the last two days I have already made new changes in my home that are seriously making me feel better about the habits we have for our family!
Let me first day that Day 1 was a HUGE success! Out of the 36 people in the group, 13 people posted their pictures in the group. I know more then that did the work, but THIS IS A BIG SUCCESS! On top of that, the support and encouragement among the ladies in the group is AMAZING! I seriously didn't expect THAT much interaction! Most people even found that it pushed them to do more then just their sink!
 

Some of the ladies' comments:

"I have to tell ya'll that after I shined my sink, it lead to me scrubbing my stove, which then lead to scrubbing hubby's bathroom sink and toilet and then I vacuumed the living room. Once I get started its hard for me to stop lol." - C.K.
"I am super happy about doing this and wanted to thank ALL OF YOU for motivating me to make that change! It cleared up space for me to display the awesome cutting board my husband got for me and made an open space for me to keep my oils for easier access!!" - D.M.
"Ok Ashley and ladies i finally got mine done actually my husband and I both did i did one side he did the other declutter together!!!! 8 glasses down before noon" -T.S.
"For anyone with kids (or husband) that needs a kind note as a reminder of the new rules........I put mine in a plastic sleeve and taped it where I knew everyone that can read can see it. This IS a water area and I didn't want to have to replace it daily.
Super excited that the kids are home from school and already following my lead!
Just had to share!" - K.I.
 
The motivation and support has been absolutely wonderful and carried on to day 2!!




DAY 2 - GET DRESSED TO SHOES, HAIR, AND FACE

and shine your sink
 
This one was more challenging of a day for most people. This is something most people don't do because, well, when you don't have to, you just don't. This is something that I HAVE to do in order for me to get the motivation to actually get  ANYTHING done.
 
If I don't have my shoes, the ones that lace up and tie, I find myself sitting down on the couch and not getting up. I also find that when I fix my hair and do my make-up I feel mentally happier. The phrase,
"When you look good, you feel good!"
really rings true in my life. I mean, who doesn't feel good when they are all dolled up. Today, all I did was put on a little eyeliner, a little lip gloss, and threw my hair in a bun and I felt like $100!

Some of the ladies' Comments:

"I didn't manage to get dressed the way Danielle did today but I didn't wear sweats and cleaned my bedroom. Babysitting 5 kids under the age of 5 didn't leave me much time to get all cute but tomorrow is another day!" - K.I.
"Dressed to my shoes. Until I have to change because my kid spilled or wiped something on me, lol." - A.M.
"So all dressed up....time to shine my sink and get ready to head to work. — feeling great." - A.C.
 
The motivation and support, again, was absolutely wonderful and I have a STRONG feeling it will carry into day 3!!




DAY 3 - Explore FlyLady.net

Get dressed to shoes, hair, and face
Shine your sink
 
Day three is a nice, relaxing day. You still have to do the new habits from Day 1 and 2, but the only other thing you are adding in is checking out the resources that are available to you at the FlyLady website. Not really hard to do this one. The main thing to focus on is finding tools that you will use regularly, like the Launch Pad, the Control Journals, and the Flight Plan.
 
 
 
Check in tomorrow evening for an update on day 3 and day 4's BabyStep!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment