Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Getting out of the pits.


Today started off as one of "those" days. You know, the ones that just waking up is depressing and upsetting. Every day I try to make the best of what I've got, but yesterday and today... I just didn't want to... that is, until this morning.

A little in-sight... I woke up yesterday at a decent hour; I just didn't get out of bed until just before dinner. I had no desire, drive, or want to get up and get moving. So, I didn't. I stayed in bed and watched Arrow on Netflix. I didn't eat, I didn't get up, I didn't... do... anything... This was honestly the first time I had done that in a long time.

This morning, I woke up with the same feeling. I knew I couldn't get away with doing nothing today, but I was in the mood where I would feed the kids, sit down and do nothing... feed the kids, again, sit down and do nothing... change the baby's diaper when I needed to... but I honestly woke up with no desire to do ANYTHING.

I woke up with the baby, changed her, fed her and sat with her until the other two woke up. Instead of my normal, where I turn on the TV first thing and just stare at it, I checked my email, which I had been ignoring for a few days. Deleted the spam, there was a LOT! Read the few from Team Beachbody, some pretty interesting stuff that I "should" post on my FB page... eh, maybe later... Then there was this other email...

This one email, as I opened it, the emotions that I felt were those that I had been missing! Hope, Joy, HAPPINESS, Excitement, Thrill... As I read through it, I felt so many emotions.

I literally couldn't contain myself... I think I even scared my kids.. I literally jumped for joy!

Isn't it amazing how one email, one bit of news, one phone call, one person can change your entire outlook?

All it takes it one person, saying the right thing, at the right time, to take someone out of a very, very dark place. When was the last time you sent an email to a friend just to say "Hi!" or to a family member to see how they are doing? It doesn't take much time, for most, all you need is a few seconds.

This email that I got was a generic, cut, copy, and paste email, it probably onl took this person seconds to get it from "Draft" to "Send". With as little time as it took, it changed my day and probably even the rest of m month.

Challenge for you:Take a few minutes out of that horrible busy schedule that, let's face it, we all live in. Send an email to someone who you believe could use a friendly word.

Now, about that email I got... for the last 6+ months, I have been working on providing new services to my local community. Well, I am pleased to announce we are in the FINAL steps to offering personal fitness training to persons with access to Fort Greely! I am now able to train clients at the Fort Greely FMWR Gym! Yea, that's enough to make me bounce off the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment